Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Good-bye Jess, Twin of Jane

Sniff. So a couple of Christmases ago, I got a brand new Jess from my boyfriend; I named her Jane. But I also nab a $25 Jess from Craig's List in very nice condition. So for a long time, I considered them twins, and only had vague ideas about selling her. But then a couple of weeks ago I traded in my second Jess for a "free" Marisol and a $60 Kit. Do I regret it a little...maybe...But Marisol is so pretty...

Anyway, Jane had a very serious personality and Jess was a bit goofy. I made a 1930s story for them but it's a bit tediously long, so I'll just summarize.

(The two 1930s dresses are both from Dollies' Dressmaker. The orange outfit is based on an American Girl book illustration. The green one has little Scottish terriers on the print.)

Serious Jane is on a deadline and has to type up her story.


Jess, who's supposed to be copy editing is very bored and spins around in her chair.


She starts decorating her desk with movie posters...


Jane feels exasperated and stalks off...


Jess, feeling sorry, tries to cheer up her sister by decorating the office.


Jane realizes Jess was just being herself and likes the new decorations.


They make up!

3 comments:

  1. The full news room story is very clever. Great use of a variety of characters with amusing personalities. Great jokes, too. Poor girls and their knee problems. I also like how the story connects to the previous entry about the Ibsen play.

    I love all the little details you included, such as the newspaper clippings Jess uses to decorate.

    I could get you another Jess if you want. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beatiful girls. I recognize the tan dress from DD; it's very similar to the original book illustration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, I meant "beautiful." Sorry about the typo.

    ReplyDelete