Sunday, February 27, 2011

Tomi Jane's Purple Pioneer Outfit

I believe Tomi Jane drafted the yoke pattern herself. Here's the original listing:
Here is a three piece outfit with a pioneer look. The dress is made from a purple reproduction print, along with a bodice inset of plaid. The dress has very typical mid 1800s styling, with a round yoke, gathered bodice, dropped sleeves, and skirt with two growth tucks. The sleeves are trimmed with cluny lace. The separate apron in ivory, is hand embroidered with a feather stitch, and fully lined. The dress and apron both fasten in the back with small buttons and hand-worked button loops. To complete the look, I have made a self-fringed shawl from a very soft wool. The wool drapes (falls in natural looking folds) very well.

I forgot to photograph the shawl. It's very pretty.






These outfits are not mine, but I love admiring them. Tomi Jane also is such a good photographer! :)


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful as always .. you do such an amazing job on the outfits .. I love coming to see them .. sorry I do not post as often as I drool over your photos ..

    TracAn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mimi, you have always been so supportive of me - many, many thanks!

    Tomi Jane

    ReplyDelete